When you volunteer at Sheboygan Senior Community, you gain personal satisfaction and growth. In addition to making a difference in the lives of residents and their families, volunteers develop creativity, meet new people, explore new careers and grow personally.
Ways to Volunteer
- Giving manicures to residents
- Reading the newspaper, short stories or poetry to residents
- Spend time outside with residents
- Bring your therapy pet for visits
- Friendly Voices choir member to assist with singing and turning song pages
- Visiting one-on-one with residents
- Play games with residents (i.e. Sheephead, Bridge, Cribbage, Kings in the Corner, Scrabble)
- Hosting BINGO sessions
- Helping with chapel services
- Writing cards or letters for residents
- Help with special events or outings
- Help residents listen to personalized iPod shuffles as part of our Music & Memory program
- Distributing morning mail
- Licensed massage therapist
- Landscape and gardening
Share your Talents with our Residents!
If you have a talent, hobby or topic that you would like to share with the residents, we would love to create a volunteer opportunity for you. Share your gifts, your smile and make a difference.
People volunteer for a wide variety of reasons. Some like the feeling of helping others and making seniors feel useful and needed. Some like to share a skill, get to know new people or just do something different than their job.
Whatever your reason may be, getting out and volunteering is important. Whether you volunteer as a group, a family, with a friend or as an individual, your time will be greatly appreciated. Please contact us discuss your interest in volunteering.